International Student Program
The Interlake School Division welcomes international students to our schools and communities. Diverse perspectives enhance learning experiences in our classrooms, as well as provide an enriching experience for the entire school community. Our programming is designed to provide international students with meaningful and engaging experiences that foster personal, academic and social growth. The Interlake School Division is an ideal location for international students. Students can enjoy the safety of a small rural setting with convenient access to a large urban centre only minutes away.
For further information, please contact:
|Christine Penner Assistant
Interlake School Division
192 2nd Avenue North
Stonewall, Manitoba R0C 2Z0
Phone: 204 467 5100
Why the Interlake School Division?
1. Great Students
2. High standards
3. Shared values
4. Great parental and community support
5. Safe learning environment
6. Staff that engage students
7. Supportive administration
8. Great athletic programs
9. Visual and performing arts programs
10. Country living, but minutes from a city
Fee Schedule - All fees are to be paid in Canadian dollars.
Application fee - $100.00
School Tuition - $10,000.00 for a full year - *Fees are payable to Interlake School Division
Homestay fee - $600.00 per month
Homestay fees are payable to the homestay family for room and board. The fee is to be paid on the first day of each month.
Full medical coverage - $600.00 per year
Medical coverage is compulsory for all international students.
The Interlake School Division has a list of local families that have been screened and are enthusiastic about hosting international students. All homestay families undergo a criminal record check and child abuse background check to ensure safety of international students. Homestay families will provide students with a healthy, safe home environment where students can practice and develop their English skills.
The International Student Program works hard to ensure
that international students are placed with families that best match the
needs of the students including proximity to school placement, dietary
needs, pets, and siblings.
The Interlake School Division has a Homestay Coordinator whose responsibilities are to:
1) promote the hosting of international students in the division
2) establish and maintain liaison with international student agents
3) conduct pre-approval visits with prospective host families
4) visit homestay families on a regular basis
5) assist with the arrival of international students and coordination of the host family
6) continually communicate with agents, international students, homestay families and schools
7) coordinate activities with international students throughout the year
8) attend homestay family appreciation dinners
9) be available to homestay families and students at all times